The work is basically done. Well, I’ll be honest….it’s as done as it’s getting 😉
The new theme I accidentally, probably-on-purpose-subconciously, FORCED myself into, is working for me.
The Radcliffe theme is very Featured Image based so I did have to go through the posts that would show on the initial click and set those up.
And it was a lovely time!
Going through my posts was like going through an old photo album. I recalled where I was at the time, cringed at some grammatical errors (I did not fix them) and re-read the comments from people that really boosted my spirits. I have to say – I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 🙂
I thought as a writer I would be better served by a theme that was simpler, featuring the writing. Maybe a picture can really be worth a thousand words though, and I think a clever, interesting image will go a long way in enticing readers to click one more time. I’ve been known to pick up a book or movie based purely on the cover image to read the back and see what it was about.
The Radcliffe had one major thing I wanted. A responsive design. Being able to view my site on multiple platforms was something I felt was a must. Even just for me. It’s what got me looking for a new theme in the first place.
It comes with a lot of other great features which you can read for yourself here, and some (most) I will have to look into further to be able to take full advantage of.
Change is Natural, if not always easy.